Thursday, October 26, 2006

WSM

This story has probably taken Singapore by storm, but I only found out yesterday night about this girl who responded rather angrily and arrogantly over an adult's musings about the hardships and realities of life. I read the girl's entry from xialanxue.
She is the type who gives a bad reputation to people who are from good schools, but unfortunately despite behaving like a know-all, she is very detached from real life. Not everyone's parents are well-off and can afford to give their children all they need to get into good schools, and even outside training to make sure they get into school team. Some people are poor by circumstances, and it takes double the effort for them to make it good between generations. I don't mean to curse her, but it is inappropriate for someone who has not start earning her own living to comment on an adult's hardship in making ends meet. The problems out there are genuine, and neither she nor I am in the position to empathise since we have not reached that stage yet. Though we seem to lead cushy and comfortable lives, we are effectively living off our parents, who seldom or even never, tell us the problems they face at work and in making sure that finances work out fine.
The worst part of it all: she seems to have let all the money her parents invest in her education all go to waste.

No comments: