Work here does not impress me. It is the people and environment here that have been teaching me lots.
First, I have finally figured out how to get to London and find my way around at least Central London. Taking the rail to York, because I missed the bus, also became quite an adventure. It is also quite amazing how unreliable transport is in this developed country. On a 3-hour train ride, expect to get to your destination in 4. Don't expect any less of a delay on buses. Don't bat an eyelid when out of nowhere, train services can be terminated due to "signal failure". I have obviously been taking Singapore transport for granted.
Second, I tend to be more forgiving of good friends. The problem is, I refuse to pass judgement on many of my friends. They are either "good friends" or "friends". Attempts not to pass judgement can come across as indecisive.
Third, be more receptive of ideas. I disagree with the perspective of a friend I shall not name, but find myself applauding her for her guts and conviction.
Okies, now for pictures to break up the monotony of my wordy blog.
First, I have finally figured out how to get to London and find my way around at least Central London. Taking the rail to York, because I missed the bus, also became quite an adventure. It is also quite amazing how unreliable transport is in this developed country. On a 3-hour train ride, expect to get to your destination in 4. Don't expect any less of a delay on buses. Don't bat an eyelid when out of nowhere, train services can be terminated due to "signal failure". I have obviously been taking Singapore transport for granted.
Second, I tend to be more forgiving of good friends. The problem is, I refuse to pass judgement on many of my friends. They are either "good friends" or "friends". Attempts not to pass judgement can come across as indecisive.
Third, be more receptive of ideas. I disagree with the perspective of a friend I shall not name, but find myself applauding her for her guts and conviction.
Okies, now for pictures to break up the monotony of my wordy blog.
The frost in the field behind my block. It was already 10am.

Nic and me at river Ouse in York.
No comments:
Post a Comment