Friday, August 04, 2006

PR = Public/ People/ Personal relations??

People come, and they go.
You ask for name, say nice things and ask for a little more details to help you remember the person. It may even be possible that you have spent substantial amounts of time together. Yet in the end, the person may have left a deep impression on you, but you have been quickly and easily forgotten. Its a bit like how we leave muddy footprints on the school field, but can never trace exactly where we have once set foot.
I hate PR events, with a vengeance. For one, they come across as quite artificial, and my inability to match names and faces usually mean I call the wrong people by the wrong names. :( For all the time I spend out socialising, I have very few friends actually. For the record, I have good friends I have known for a few months and I also know people for many years but know about as much as I would if I have met them yesterday. Sometimes, it is difficult to know if I know someone or the person they make yourself out to be. Insincerity sucks.
But for the few good friends I have, I say thank you for connecting with me, putting up with all my nonsense (awkward moments, bad jokes, weird logic, angsty rubbish, whiny blogposts, etc.) and let's not get disconnected easily like some unreliable stolen wireless connection. :)

P.S: If you actually bother and put up with reading this whiny and ungrammatical post, I most probably like you. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, for what it's worth, you've always been one of my very few good friends, and always will be. Cheers, and enjoy Warwick!