Was watching wang2zi3bian4qing1wa1 on channel U 2 days ago. I initially hated the show, it had no storyline, no character development and was held together by goodlooking people who cannot act and quirky sound effects. Perhaps it was the aftermath of the last lit paper in my life, the relatively unintellectual story actually appealed and basically anything would go. (OR as my bro. has just said "you are an unintellectual being." :() Maybe I like happy endings, no deaths, no disappointment, etc. Though it would make life devoid of any serious meaning or feelings, cos there is no happiness without sadness as it's antithesis. Everything will be bland.
.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
Yesterday, PSLE results were out and rosyth produced a top scholar, the first in god knows how many years. I was overwhelmed by nostalgia when i saw the scene on TV. Old faces, in a not-so-old school building. It has been 6 years since I left the school and moved on, yet the teachers I know have hardly changed. I have the most feelings for the school, and the feeling of nostalgia is momentous, considering that in 3 days' time I will leave another school without a bang, with the unglamorous S econs paper. I don't know how I will feel, in a way it has been very short and it's impact on my entire life still cannot be judged. Perhaps, I am a train, simply stopping at the designated stops for the regulated number of years, accumulating more baggage of emotions, memories and responsibilities.
.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
On a not so happy note, I have just received a letter from UCAS, rejecting my application for Govt and Economics @ LSE. My University applications may be all messed up and going to waste, but anyhow, it is still worth looking forward to Monday afternoon and I still maintain the faint glimmer of hope that I may yet get to Oxford.
Friday, November 25, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment