Was watching this show yesterday, and I realised that it actually echoes the concept of tragic flaws that I have always associated with English literature. It also shows how fate changes the lives of people substantially, bringing to mind the idea of fate vs. free will. It's very surprising how literatures from two different cultures can be so fundamentally alike, though set in an utterly different culture and of course, written in a different language.
Yesterday, was suddenly struck by this weird fear, that i don't actually know what i want in life. I am quite torn between a more secure path of economics and a idealistic, yet not necessarily money-making path of history. It's difficult, cos i'm afraid if i actually decide to do economics, i may forget, and never come back to the history, that I have so promised myself to get back to someday. It's a bit like the decision to do history over geography 2 years ago... you never know when you will get back to have a taste of the opportunity cost of your decisions.
Life just gets narrower... and narrower...
Sunday, July 17, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment