In fact this is the first night in a week when I actually got to have the night to myself. Not that the people I'm house-hunting with are bad company, I'm just incredibly tired. Somehow I wonder if I'm losing the can-do attitude here. I used to promise myself to be back on track by the next day whenever I fall sick, and always managed. The last time I didn't quite scold myself for grinding my life to a halt by falling sick was some time in JC, when school for a while felt rather robotic and meaningless. It took me a whole year to feel alive again, and am not quite ready to get back to the zombie-like and half-comatose state.
Speaking of the nearly-a-year hiatus from school, it seems like I have forgotten how to study. Years and years of essay, note-taking and summarising training have gone with the wind in the face of disparate and disjointed readings which are making less and less sense. I must seat myself down and get disciplined once more, revert to the student mentality of just processing every piece of information methodologically, aka. mechanically.
University life is stressful: must study like a student but deal with adult issues like housing, and at the same time, get half the things you think you know thrown out of the window.
Revised perceptions this week:
Revised perceptions this week:
1. It doesn't mean that if someone is English, he/she speaks and writes perfect English. Example: "The EU was started from 25 countries." Does this remind you of Singlish?
2. Age is an absolute number, but a relative concept.
3. My dad has his reasons for hating to move house.
Enough of depressing random ideas for now, I present pictures of snow outside my hostel. :D
P.S. Rat, please own up! I have narrowed down the possible scope of people, and your repeated appearance has made it impossible to treat it as tagboard spam. I detest people who post anonymously. Dare to write, dare to sign off with your BIG name.
No comments:
Post a Comment