Memories are the milestones of our path, mentally and emotionally marking our journey. Many things can trigger a flood of happy memories. Everything from fishhead curry to chinese papers headlines. It has been a whole month since I left TNP, where I have slogged for five months straight. At times, I have been, at the same time, crazily buzy, deliriously happy, completely confused and zonked out. It is a whirlpool of madness that just overwhelms and takes over, even if you tried to walk out on it. But it was great, challenging, even satisfying. Perhaps it is the masochistic streak in me that leaves me missing this job. Or maybe I am a creature of habit. I still look at odd people investigatively and gravitate near (instead of away from) police cordons, as Belle will tell you.
Memories only turn disastrous when they leave you wallowing in the past. The past, present and future cannot overlap, except in our minds which draw fascinating connections. To hope that the future will be like the past is to be a cat chasing its own tail. While I get rid of all the quirky pseudo-reporting habits, those days will be sediments left on the shore/bank after a very high tide.
Sunday, June 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment